The Legend of Zelda: Newfound Powers - Page 13 - Zelda Universe Forums
Zelda Universe Forums Home
Zelda

Go Back   Zelda Universe Forums > Community > Art & Writing > Fiction
Welcome, ---.
You last visited: Today at 02:21 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Quick Links Log Out

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #181
andi
queen frostine
 
andi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wor-Ces-Ter, MA
Posts: 5,218
Send a message via AIM to andi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome
No, I haven't, Andi. Did you read a word I said in that post? I agreed to put in more detail and I agreed to change Kelli's character a bit. Honestly, you all seem to not be listening to me. And you expect me to listen to every word you people say after that?

The vast majority of people, Stony, have said that you would do best to *remove Kelli entirely*. And I agree with them. Having a character as boring as her just drags all of your writing downwards. I, personally, think that all writing starts with good complex characters and that a good author will just let a story flow naturally as a result of their characters' actions. Yet, you've taken "either remove Kelli or drastically edit her character" and turned it into "I'll change Kelli's character a bit".

You're missing our points entirely, Stony. And if you want your stories to suffer because you're so stubbornly attached to Kelli, then so be it. Just know that Steve is a *far* better author than you and got that way because he listened to criticism. Steve's gotten plenty of criticism in the past - since he listens to it, he knows how to improve and keep a more critical eye to his writing. You, like a five year old child, are just covering your eyes to block out the stuff you don't want to hear. Because everybody knows that if you can't see a major flaw, it doesn't really exist!

So many people agree about what makes your story bad and what you could do to improve it - why do you think that all of us would be wrong?
__________________
andi is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #182
StonyLonesome
Siggy made by me. Like it?
 
StonyLonesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,055
No, I don't have to shut up. Steve's far less talented than I am. His story sucks so bad, I couldn't finish it.

And I know you told me to get rid of Kelli, Chavvah. I said I couldn't take her out. I was asked by someone else (I think it was Pyro) to change her character a little. I agreed on that. Now shut the **** up.

And why do you people keep saying I'm not taking anyone's advice? See, you aren't listening to me! I said I was going to add more detail and improve Kelli's character.

And how is my story not "Newfound Powers"? You certainly don't make any sense there.
__________________

Formerly known as kelly. My Zelda timeline theory: OoT-MM-TP-TWW-PH-TMC-FS/FSA-OoS/OoA-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL
View my Zelda fanfic "The Legend of Zelda: Newfound Powers" soon!
link: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=39316

Proud member of the Nayru Clan!
StonyLonesome is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #183
andi
queen frostine
 
andi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wor-Ces-Ter, MA
Posts: 5,218
Send a message via AIM to andi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome
And how is my story not "Newfound Powers"? You certainly don't make any sense there.

Because it's not original in the least, dear.

Anyways, I'm going to follow the Pip way now. (aside: OMGZ PIP!!!!! :::CUDDLESNUGGLEFLUMP!!!::: <3 <3 <3) But if you come into the chat and start begging for praise again, I'm probably just going to have to toss this exact same criticism your way once more. I *hope* that you'll actually improve and that I won't have to repeat myself ad nauseam, but odds are that with your stubborn attitude, I will.
__________________
andi is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:15 PM   #184
Chavvah
Deku Scrub
 
Chavvah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wherever God puts me
Posts: 27
Quote:
No, I don't have to shut up. Steve's far less talented than I am. His story sucks so bad, I couldn't finish it.

And I know you told me to get rid of Kelli, Chavvah. I said I couldn't take her out. I was asked by someone else (I think it was Pyro) to change her character a little. I agreed on that. Now shut the **** up.

Well, I read the whole thing, and accordingly gave him a post of constructive criticism, which he responded to politely. Much unlike, suffice to say, you.

The only reason you couldn't finish his story is that you have some bizarre mind-block to anyone else's work. You've shown it before. You've said repeatedly, in effect, that your story is the only good thing around here! With that attitude, I'm not surprised you hated his story, especially since from the beginning he was critical of you. All you're doing is some pathetic type of revenge by badmouthing him. I know the drill, okay? They're mean to you, you get mean right back at 'em.

If the story depends on Kelli, you need a different story. That's the way it is with most Sues.

Also, I've been kind enough not to lobby cursing in your direction. Please don't try to feel bigger and tougher by swearing at me.

****

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipking
You have created an elaborate and impressive fiction in this thread, but it is certainly not "Newfound Powers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL
And how is my story not "Newfound Powers"? You certainly don't make any sense there.

He was being sarcastic/cynical/funny, as I was when I told you that you were being hilarious (i.e. making fun of you). I must say it's even funnier now that you don't get it.

Let me spell it out for you: Now that you've gone kookoo and everyone's here trying to reason with you, you've made your own internet legacy. Your activities here ARE the story. Your denial has created a fictional tale that is a hoot to read.

Get it?
__________________
Please give my story, Lethe, a look. I know it's long and has difficult words in it, but we're all big boys and girls here, right?
Deviantart | Blog | Fanfiction

Last edited by Chavvah : Today at 04:21 PM.
Chavvah is online now  
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #185
StonyLonesome
Siggy made by me. Like it?
 
StonyLonesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,055
Stop calling me dear. How's my plot not original? I've never seen any plot like mine. And no, I'm never going to that stupid chatroom. People insult me there for no reason.

If you all won't listen to me and say I'm stubborn and make me cry and be miserable, then don't say anything!
__________________

Formerly known as kelly. My Zelda timeline theory: OoT-MM-TP-TWW-PH-TMC-FS/FSA-OoS/OoA-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL
View my Zelda fanfic "The Legend of Zelda: Newfound Powers" soon!
link: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=39316

Proud member of the Nayru Clan!
StonyLonesome is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:29 PM   #186
Moo
Gerudo Thief
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome
No, I don't have to shut up. Steve's far less talented than I am. His story sucks so bad, I couldn't finish it.

Explain what makes him far less talented, please. We have already (we-collective; not me in particular) told you what we feel the problems are. If you're going to say someone else is worse than you, be prepared to justify that, or don't open your mouth in the first place.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome
And why do you people keep saying I'm not taking anyone's advice? See, you aren't listening to me! I said I was going to add more detail and improve Kelli's character.

We're saying you're not taking anyone's advice because as far as we can see, you aren't. We've advised you not to write perfect characters, yet you continue. We've advised you to use better english, yet you refuse. We've advised you to make some things more detailed, yet you haven't. All you've done is repeatedly said you'd do a few tiny things which don't really address any of the problems that have been pointed out, and nothing more. As far as I can tell, you haven't even made these tiny changes you claim you're going to do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome
Stop calling me dear. How's my plot not original? I've never seen any plot like mine. And no, I'm never going to that stupid chatroom. People insult me there for no reason.

If you all won't listen to me and say I'm stubborn and make me cry and be miserable, then don't say anything!

Insults in #zelda virtually never happen without at least SOME vestigal reasoning. As far as we can tell, you're a whiny attention whore who can't take criticism, and who is so far up herself that not only can she see sunlight again, but she can try to go round again. Hence people treat you as such. If you don't match that description, then you must be putting a lot of effort into acting that way, since it's not that easy a way to act.

If you don't want to expose yourself to criticism - and note that criticism can be both positive and negative; most of what I've read here was positive/constructive - then don't post in forums which exist for the purpose of criticising such material. Simple as that.
Moo is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #187
Link
It's a Rat-Flail!
 
Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rochester New York
Posts: 636
Send a message via ICQ to Link Send a message via AIM to Link Send a message via MSN to Link Send a message via Yahoo to Link Send a message via Skype to Link
The one thing that will help Stony Lonesome AT ALL, IS FOR YOU ALL TO JUST BE QUIET AND LET HER WRITE SOME STORIES HERE! God, she doesn't need your help, she can learn on her own if she wants! Just let her be, it's NONE of your guys/girls business! A couple of SMALL pointers is enough, but like this, makes me sick!

Stony! Make some more! Please! I'm waiting!


-Link
__________________
Adopted by Lioness,

I'm one of the first place contest winners in the ZU Photo contest on Weather!
Also sig and avy made by me...

My Deviant Page!
My Live Journal
My Friends: Dot Hacker, and Lioness
Link is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:32 PM   #188
Moo
Gerudo Thief
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
The one thing that will help Stony Lonesome AT ALL, IS FOR YOU ALL TO JUST BE QUIET AND LET HER WRITE SOME STORIES HERE! God, she doesn't need your help, she can learn on her own if she wants! Just let her be, it's NONE of your guys/girls business! A couple of SMALL pointers is enough, but like this, makes me sick!

Stony! Make some more! Please! I'm waiting!


-Link


She posted in a place that encourages constructive criticism. Naturally she'll receive it. Letting her make mistakes without her realising it won't ever help in any way.
Moo is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:35 PM   #189
StonyLonesome
Siggy made by me. Like it?
 
StonyLonesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,055
Alright, I will explain what makes Steve's story suck. He doesn't mention the setting (and I mean location, not the date it happens), his plot doesn't have depth, he doesn't have enough dialogue and I can go on forever.

And you people can just leave me alone, because I'm leaving the world of creativity. And don't say that's a good thing, because it's not! It's not good that I can't seem to do anything right! It's not good that I'm so inferior and don't have any talent in writing in your opinions!
__________________

Formerly known as kelly. My Zelda timeline theory: OoT-MM-TP-TWW-PH-TMC-FS/FSA-OoS/OoA-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL
View my Zelda fanfic "The Legend of Zelda: Newfound Powers" soon!
link: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=39316

Proud member of the Nayru Clan!
StonyLonesome is online now Report Bad Post  
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #190
Chavvah
Deku Scrub
 
Chavvah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wherever God puts me
Posts: 27
If it is none of our business, then why did SL post it on the internet?
__________________
Please give my story, Lethe, a look. I know it's long and has difficult words in it, but we're all big boys and girls here, right?
Deviantart | Blog | Fanfiction
Chavvah is online now  
Unread Today, 04:38 PM   #191
StonyLonesome
Siggy made by me. Like it?
 
StonyLonesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,055
I'll have to agree with Chavvah on that one, Link. But still, it doesn't matter what ANYONE, not even YOU says, I'm not writing anymore. And I've already said why.
__________________

Formerly known as kelly. My Zelda timeline theory: OoT-MM-TP-TWW-PH-TMC-FS/FSA-OoS/OoA-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL
View my Zelda fanfic "The Legend of Zelda: Newfound Powers" soon!
link: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=39316

Proud member of the Nayru Clan!
StonyLonesome is online now Report Bad Post  
Unread Today, 04:38 PM   #192
Moo
Gerudo Thief
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome
Alright, I will explain what makes Steve's story suck. He doesn't mention the setting (and I mean location, not the date it happens), his plot doesn't have depth, he doesn't have enough dialogue and I can go on forever.

And you people can just leave me alone, because I'm leaving the world of creativity. And don't say that's a good thing, because it's not! It's not good that I can't seem to do anything right! It's not good that I'm so inferior and don't have any talent in writing in your opinions!

We're not trying to drive you out. We're trying to point out where you need to improve. It is your own doing entirely if you ignore what we say and choose to leave. NOT OURS. Don't try to shift the blame.
Moo is online now Report Bad Post  
Unread Today, 04:39 PM   #193
sadida
USER GROUP ASCI.
 
sadida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio.
Posts: 3,238
Send a message via ICQ to sadida Send a message via AIM to sadida Send a message via MSN to sadida
I'll say this nicely.

Stony, they were offering constructive critisism. Don't take it so personally.
Everyone else: Stop picking on her, because obviously she doesn't know how *not* to take things personally.

This is not a thread for arguing.
Stony, just continue writing if you think you are so good at it. Just remember that people have all the right in the world to offer what they think, because this is an *open forum*.

Don't make me take my mod wand out and lock this, because itsthisclose to being locked.

EDIT: Oh, I see that Stony said she wouldn't write anymore. There's no use for keeping this thread open anymore.... since the story obviously won't continue, and the thread is just all argument anyway.
__________________


{Married to the wonderful Hank The Orc - a.k.a Foamy :3}

sadida is online now Report Bad Post  
Unread Today, 04:39 PM   #194
StonyLonesome
Siggy made by me. Like it?
 
StonyLonesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,055
I know that. And I'm trying to improve. And whoever said Kelli's a perfect character is wrong. Nobody's perfect and that's a fact. It also applies to story characters.
__________________

Formerly known as kelly. My Zelda timeline theory: OoT-MM-TP-TWW-PH-TMC-FS/FSA-OoS/OoA-ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL
View my Zelda fanfic "The Legend of Zelda: Newfound Powers" soon!
link: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ad.php?t=39316

Proud member of the Nayru Clan!
StonyLonesome is online now Report Bad Post  
Closed Thread



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Archive Links: General Zelda | NES/SNES Zelda | N64 Zelda | Game Boy Zelda | GameCube Zelda | Twilight Princess
Contact Us - Zelda Universe - Archive - Top
Zelda Universe Main Page In-depth Zelda Articles Zelda Theories and Analyses Discuss everything in our Zelda Community Your Questions, Our Answers Search Zelda Universe Zelda Media Gallery